Descriptions of Writing Assignments
- Perry Nodelman's overview of the writing
assignments he gives to students in children's literature
- Perry Nodelman's handout providing students with ideas
and instructions for writing an essay in children's literature
- Perry and Mavis often ask students to
submit a series of related writings that involve dialogue
with texts, with critical discourse on texts, and with other
students. Here is an example of instructions
for such an assignment.
- In sequential writing assignments, Perry
Nodelman and Mavis Reimer often ask students to respond
in writing to each other's exploratory writing. This handout is Perry's instructions
for this assignment.
- Eliza Dresang's description of her Reading
- Eliza's Dresang's description of her
end-of-term assignment, consisting of a paper and an
- Cornelia Hoogland's description
of a final writing assignment in her introductory children's
literature courses using Pleasures.
Kutzer's description of a writing assignment on surfacing