55. Craig, DB, Hanlon-Dearman, F, Beaudry, S, Shek, K & King, SD (2015) Comparison of the single molecule activity distributions of recombinant and non-recombinant bovine intestinal alkaline phosphatase. Protein Expression & Purification 114, 95-98.
54. Craig, DB, Reinfelds, G & Henderson, A (2014) 12-Channel Peltier array temperature control unit for single molecule enzymology studies using capillary electrophoresis. Electrophoresis 35, 2408-2411.
53. Ahmadi, S, Absalan, G, Craig, DB & Goltz, DM (2014) Photochemical properties of purpurin and its implications for capillary electrophoresis with laser induced fluorescence. Dyes and Pigments 105, 57-62.
52. Ahmadi, S, Craig, DB & Goltz, DM (2013) Micellar electrokinetic chromatography with laser-induced fluorescence detection for separation of red and yellow historical dyes. Chromatography 1, 9-23.
51. Craig, DB (2013) Single enzyme molecule assay with time resolution using capillary electrophoresis. Rev. Anal. Chem. 32, 103-112.
50. Craig, DB & Henderson, A (2013) Electrophoretic heterogeneity limits the utility of streptavidin-beta-galactosidase as a probe in free zone capillary electrophoresis separations. Protein J. 32, 81-88.
49. Craig, DB, Bayaraa, B, Lee, D & Charleton, J (2013) Effect of induction temperature and partial thermal denaturation on the catalytic and electrophoretic heterogeneity of beta-galactosidase from two Escherichia coli strains. J. Liq. Chromatogr. R. T. 36, 2944-2959.
48. Craig, DB, Morris, TT & Ong-Justiniano, CMQ (2012) Measurement of the activity of individual subunits of single molecules of the tetrameric enzyme beta-galactosidase. Anal. Chem. 84, 4598-4602.
47. Craig, DB & Chase, LN (2012) Arrhenius plot for a reaction catalyzed by a single molecule of beta-galactosidase. Anal. Chem. 84, 2044-2047.
46. Craig, DB, Schwab, T & Sterner, R (2012) Random mutagenesis suggests that sequence errors are not a major cause of variation in the activity of individual molecules of beta-galactosidase. Biochem. Cell. Biol. 90, 540-547.
45. Craig, DB (2012) A simple system for the measurement of the distribution of activities of individual molecules of E. coli beta-galactosidase. Anal. Methods 4, 85-88.
44. Goltz, DM, Ahmadi, S, Absalan, G & Craig, DB (2012) Separation of historical dyes using capillary electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescence detection. J. Liq. Chromatogr. R. T. 35, 2054-2065.
43.Craig, DB & Nichols, ER "Sample preparation for single molecule enzymology using capillary electrophoresis with fluorescence detection" in "Comprehensive sampling and sample preparation", volume 3; J Pawliszyn, XC Le, XF Li, HK Lee Eds; Elsevier, Academic Press: Oxford UK, pp 323-337 (2012).
42. Craig, DB, Eggertson, MJ, Chikamatsu, M & Horwood, CA (2011) Single molecule assay of Escherichia coli beta-galactosidase using two competing substrates simultaneously; DDAO-beta-D-galactoside and resorufin-beta-D-galactoside. Anal. Lett. 44, 1835-1841.
41. Craig, DB, Haslam, AM, Silverstein, HJ, Chikamatsu, M, Shadabi, E & Nichols, ER (2010) Effect of size, quaternary struture and translational error on the static and dynamic heterogeneity of beta-galactosidase and measurement of the electrophoretic dynamic heterogeneity. Protein J. 29, 398-406.
40. Craig, DB (2010) Heterogeneous properties of individual molecules of beta-galactosisdase from the thermophilic bacteria Geobacillus stearothermophilus. Protein J. 29, 55-61.
39. Craig, DB, Haslam, AM, Coombs, JML & Nichols, ER (2010) Kinetic studies on unmodified individual Escherichia coli beta-galactosidase molecule in free solution. Biochem. Cell Biol. 88, 451-458.
38. Nichols, ER, Shadabi, E & Craig, DB (2009) Effect of alteration of translation error rate on enzyme microheterogeneity as assessed by variation in single molecule electrophoretic mobility and catalytic activity. Biochem. Cell Biol. 87, 517-529.
37. Craig, DB & Nichols, ER (2008) Continuous flow assay for the simultaneous measurement of the electrophoretic mobility, catalytic activity and its variation over time of individual molecules of Escherichia coli beta-galactosidase. Electrophoresis 29, 4298-4303.
36. Nichols, ER & Craig, DB (2008) Measurement of the differences in electrophoretic mobilities of individual molecules of E. coli beta-galactosidase provides insight into structural differences which underlie enzyme microhetermgeneity. Electrophoresis 29, 4257-4269.
35. Nichols, ER & Craig, DB (2008) Single molecule assays reveal differences between in vivo and in vitro synthesized beta-galactosidase. Protein J. 27, 376-383.
34. Nichols, ER, Gavina, JMA, McLeod, RG & Craig, DB (2007) Single molecule assays of beta-galactosidase from two wild-type strains of E. coli: Effects of protease inhibitors on microheterogeneity and different relative activities with differing substrates. Protein J. 26, 95-105.
33. Craig, DB, Ash, HL & Nachtigall, JT (2006) Sphingomonas paucimobilis is capable of modifying polycyclic aromatic compounds present at sub-nanomolar concentrations in a complex medium. J. Environ. Biol. 27, 305-308.
32. Craig, DB & Nichols, ER (2006) Spectroscopic measurement of the redox potential of cytochrome c for the undergraduate biochemistry laboratory. J. Chem. Ed. 83, 1325-1326.
31. Craig, DB, Wetzl, BK, Duerkop, A & Wolfbeis, OS (2005) Determination of picomolar concentrations of protein using novel amino reactive chameleon labels and capillary electrophoresis laser-induced fluorescence detection. Electrophoresis 26, 2208-2213.
30. Craig, DB (2005) Equilibrium Gel Filtration for the Measurement of Protein-Ligand Binding in the Undergraduate Biochemistry Laboratory. J. Chem. Ed. 82, 96-98.
29. Wetzl, BK, Yarmoluk, SM, Craig, DB & Wolfbeis, OS (2004) Chameleon labels for staining and quantifying of proteins. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 43, 5400-5402.
28. Craig, DB , Nachtigall, JT, Ash, HL, Shoemaker, GK, Dyck, AC, Wawrykow, TMJ & Gudbjartson, HL (2003) Differences in the average single molecule activities of E. coli beta-galactosidase: Effect of source, enzyme molecule age and temperature of induction, J. Protein Chem. 22, 555-561.
27. Shoemaker, GK, Juers, DH, Coombs, JML, Matthews, BW & Craig, DB (2003) Crystallization of beta-Galactosidase Does Not Reduce the Range of Activity of Individual Molecules. Biochemistry 42, 1707-1710.
26. Goltz, DM, Hinds, M, Coombs, J, Jagdeo, A & Craig, D (2002) A Low Power Spark Ablation Device for Rapid Sample Dissolution. J. Anal. At. Spectrom. 17, 395-399.
25. Polakowski, R, Eggertson, MJ, Craig, DB & Dovichi, NJ. "The chemistry of a single enzyme molecule" in "Single molecule detection in solution: Methods and applications", Edited by RA Keller, C Zander & J Enderlein. Wiley VCH. (2002) Chapter 10, pp 293-301.
24. Dyck, AC & Craig, DB (2002) Individual Molecules of Thermostable Alkaline Phosphatase Support Different Catalytic Rates. Luminescence 17, 15-18.
23. Craig, DB (2002) Single Molecule Enzymology Studies on Escherichia coli beta-Galactosidase. Invited review to Recent Research Developments in Analytical Biochemistry 2, 229-238.
22. Dovichi, NJ, Polakowski, R, Craig, DB & Wong, JCY "Single Molecule Enzymology" in Nobel Conference on Single Molecule Spectroscopy in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Basche, Orrit, and Rigler, Eds. Springer: Berlin (2002). Chapter 14, p 242-257.
21. Tuominen, EKJ, Zhu, K, Wallace, CJA, Clark-Lewis, I, Craig, DB, Rytomaa, M & Kinnunen, PKJ (2001) ATP induces a conformational change in lipid-bound cytochrome c. J. Biol. Chem. 276, 19356-19362.
20. Craig, DB & Hall, T (2000) Newly induced beta-galactosidase molecules have a higher activity than the basally expressed enzyme. J. Clin. Laser Med. Surg. 18, 209-214.
19. Craig, DB, Hall, T & Goltz, DM (2000) E. coli beta-Galactosidase is Heterogeneous with Respect to a Requirement for Magnesium. BioMetals 13, 223-229.
18. Polakowski, R, Craig, DB, Skelley, A, & Dovichi, NJ (2000) Single molecules of highly purified bacterial alkaline phosphatase have identical activity. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 122, 4853-4855.
17. Eggertson, MJ & Craig, DB (2000) Laser-Induced Fluorescence Detector for Liquid Chromatography: Applications to Protein Analysis. Biomed. Chromatogr. 14, 1-4.
16. Eggertson, MJ & Craig, DB (1999) beta-Galactosidase Assay Using Capillary Electrophoresis Laser-Induced Fluorescence Detection and Resorufin-beta -D-Galactopyranoside as Substrate. Biomed. Chromatogr. 13, 516-519.
15. Craig, D.B., Arriaga, E.A., Wong, J.C.Y., Lu, H. & Dovichi, N.J. (1998) Life and death of a single enzyme molecule. Invited review article to Anal. Chem. 70, 39A-43A
14. Craig, DB, Polakowski, R, Wong, JCY, Arriaga, E.A., Ahmadzedah, H, Stathakis, C & Dovichi, NJ (1998) SDS-capillary electrophoresis of proteins in a seiving matrix utilizing two-spectral channel laser-induced fluorescence detection. Electrophoresis 19, 2175-2179
13. Craig, DB & Dovichi, NJ (1998) Multiple labeling of proteins. Anal. Chem. 70, 2493-2494
12. Craig, DB, Wong, JCY, Polakowski, R & Dovichi, NJ (1998) General protease assay method coupling solid phase substrate extraction capillary electrophoresis. Anal. Chem. 70, 3824-3827
11. Craig, DB & Dovichi, NJ (1998) E. coli beta-galactosidase is heterogeneous with respect to the activity of individual molecules. Can. J. Chem. 76, 623-626
10. Pinto, DM, Arriaga, EA, Craig, D, Angelova, J, Sharma, N., Ahmadzadeh, H & Dovichi, NJ (1997) Picomolar assay of native proteins by capillary electrophoresis-precolumn labelling, sub-micellar separation, and laser-induced fluorescence detection. Anal. Chem. 69, 3015-3021.
9. Craig, DB, Arriaga, EA, Wong, JCY, Lu, H & Dovichi, NJ (1997) Single alkaline phosphatase molecule assay by capillary electrophoresis laser-induced fluorescence detection. Tech. Protein Chem. 8, 121-131.
8. Craig, DB, Wong, JCY & Dovichi, NJ (1997) Detection of Aequorea victoria green fluorescent protein by capillary electrophoresis laser-induced fluorescence. Biomed. Chromatogr. 11, 205-206.
7. Craig, DB, Arriaga, EA, Wong, JCY, Lu, H. & Dovichi, NJ (1996) Studies on single alkaline phosphatase molecules: Reaction rate and activation energy of a reaction catalyzed by a single molecule and the effect of thermal denaturation-The death of an enzyme. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 118, 5245-5253.
6. Craig, DB, Wong, JCY & Dovichi, NJ (1996) Detection of attomolar concentrations of alkaline phosphatase by capillary electrophoresis using laser-induced fluorescence detection. Anal. Chem. 68, 697-700.
5. Craig, DB, Arriaga, EA, Banks, P, Zhang, Y, Renborg, A, Palcic, MM & Dovichi, NJ (1995) Fluorescently-based enzymatic assay by capillary electrophoresis laser-induced fluorescence detection for the determination of a few beta-galactosidase molecules. Anal. Biochem. 226, 147-153.
4. Craig, DB & Wallace, CJA (1995) Studies of 8-azido-ATP adducts reveal two mechanisms by which ATP binding to cytochrome c could inhibit respiration. Biochemistry 34, 2686-2693.
3. Craig, DB & Wallace, CJA (1993) ATP binding to cytochrome c diminishes electron flow in the mitochondrial respiratory pathway. Protein Sci. 2, 966-976.
2. Craig, DB & Wallace, CJA (1991) The specificity and Kd at physiological ionic strength of an ATP-binding site on cytochrome c suit it to a regulatory role. Biochem. J. 279, 781-786.
1. Craig, D, Ireland, RL & Barlocher, F (1989) Seasonal variation in the organic composition of seafoam. J. Exp. Mar. Biol. Ecol. 130, 71-80.